Coons said private and parochial schools are free to teach creationism but that “religious doctrine doesn’t belong in our public schools.”
“Where in the Constitution is the separation of church and state?” O’Donnell asked him.
When Coons responded that the First Amendment bars Congress from making laws respecting the establishment of religion, O’Donnell asked: “You’re telling me that’s in the First Amendment?”
Boldfaced emphasis added by me.
Some other things this moron might not know:
1) Wash your hands after using the bathroom
2) Cover your mouth when sneezing
3) Red lights mean to stop and wait
4) The earth revolves around the sun
5) Brush your teeth at least before bedtime
This is what our nation has sunk to? Someone utterly ignorant of its ideological foundations daring to stand on her two hind legs in front of people asking them for their votes?
This is absolute madness. This is insanity.