The National Weather Service:
The National Weather Service in Upton has issued a Blizzard Warning… which is in effect from 6 am Friday to 1 PM EST Saturday.
* Locations… New York City… southern Westchester County… and coastal portions of northeast New Jersey.
* Hazard types… heavy snow and strong winds.
* Accumulations… snow accumulation of 10 to 14 inches… with localized higher amounts within developing snow bands.
* Winds… north 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
* Temperatures… falling into the 20s by Friday evening.
* Visibilities… one quarter mile or less at times.
* Timing… the strongest winds and heaviest snow will occur Friday evening into Saturday morning.
This sounds like a repeat of 2010:
From Superstorm Sandy to Superstorm Snowy?