Google English: RK3188 7.9-inch quad-core tablet Chi V88 mini out of the box with the screen effect evaluation [Link fixed]
Let’s review the specs:
201mm x 136.6mm x 7.2mm, 305g, Rockchip 3188 Cortex A9 quad-core CPU at 1.8GHz, Mali-400MP4 533MHz GPU, 2GB DDR3 RAM, 8/16 GBs storage, WiFi, microUSB 2.0 OnTheGo, microHDMI-out, microSD slot up to 32GB, cameras 2MP front and 5MP back, claims to have Bluetooth.
Summary of abysmal Chinese-to-English:
– 5000mAh battery (largest battery of the clones so far)
– screen looks great
– unit had a screen assembly flaw common with Chinese tablets
– speaker is loud enough to induce vibration(!)
– has a weird pointy edge design
– Android requires further optimization
– seems to include a USB On The Go cable
– Chuwi uses a generic box design
– AC charger is boxed separately(!)
The unbox Full Monty:
The weird pointy edge design at the bottom:
Left to right: Micro-HDMI, microUSB, charging port, earphone jack, either reset or microphone (unclear), and microSD card slot.
Weird pointy edge design at top (less pronounced in photo):
The site will eventually do a full review.
For now, here’s a nano-fondle of it on video:
Doesn’t all of that look pretty good?
Unfortunately, there are problems.
I’ll have a post later that will detail some problems with the Chuwi V88 based on three new owner videos. Possibly one of these problems could be a deal-breaker too, dammit.
Same-day update: Here’s the post: Owner Points Out Problems With Chuwi V88