Tributes paid to Glasgow’s puppet master John Blundall
In the 1950s he worked as a floor manager at Granada Television, where he met Gerry and Sylvia Anderson.
With them, John created puppets for 1960s cult shows Thunderbirds, Stingray and Fireball XL5, his most famous being Parker from the Thunderbirds.
Remembering John Blundall (1937 – 2014)
A sneak preview of what you’ll see from the iPhone 6 Plus owners on the Internet soon …
1) “Since I got the iPhone 6 Plus, I’ve hardly used my iPad Mini.”
2) “The big screen makes a big difference (pun intended).”
3) “Go big or go home, other phone makers!”
4) “This really needs a stylus. Apple could do it ‘right’.”
5) “Ever since Apple killed the Newton, I’ve wanted this.”
6) “I can actually write notes with my fingertip now!”
8) “iPad Mini sales will probably fall now. Who needs it?”
9) “Apple didn’t follow that other company’s lead.”
10) “All other iPhones were just leading to this one, the 6 Plus.”
11) “Anyone who says this is ‘too big’ is an idiot!”
A Weibo communiqué from someone connected to Xiaomi (an employee, I believe):
After the break, the official Teclast promo video for the P98 Air.
From a Weibo communiqué:
This is another day of Weibo having problems enlarging images. I doubt the two photos of the MiPad are with MIUI 6 anyway.
For anyone with a Xiaomi 2/2s phone, here’s the forum listing for MIUI 6 [Google Translate].