IFA is this week and there’s already been a bunch of product announcements.
Announce any damn thing you want, companies. But if you can’t get it on the shelves of a physical store, it doesn’t matter.
Here is the dream world of the so-called Rational Techie:
1) Product announcement
2) Read Internet hype
3) Compare specs to current devices
4) Decide to buy
5) Note launch date
6) Order online
7) Boom. Done.
8) Return to Amazon/vendor if disappointed
Now here is the godawful real world of the Buying Public:
1) Wander aisles of Best Buy
2) Find tablet displays
3) Be confused as hell
4) Judge by price
5) “It looks like an iPad Mini, for just US$99!”
6) Ask salesdroid, who knows nothing
7) Buy shit iPad Mini clone (or other craptab)
8) Regret in leisure, feel like a sucker
9) Never return it to Best Buy because fuck it, that’s a trip
So if your hot new product isn’t on the shelf at Best Buy, evicting the bottom-feeding crap, forget your chances.